Monday, January 4, 2021

My little Christlike boy

 Conley said a very touching thing yesterday. Eloise woke up with a "wobbly" tummy, and I knew she would eventually throw up. When she did, we were walking down the hall to the bathroom. Conley was by us, and when he saw her little body force itself to throw up, he said sincerely, "Oh, I wish it could be me." I told him how sweet that was. And he just said, "It hurts so much." It was so sweet and made my eyes a little misty.

Later, he made a stack of books that she liked for me to read to her. The top one was a Frozen book, and after that was a ballerina one. He picked them out especially for her, each from different shelves in the playroom. He really has missed her the last couple days, just her not being around for him to play with. He asks, "Is Eloise awake?" or "Where's Eloise?" a lot. I can tell he misses his little buddy. He's understanding when he asks me to do things and I say I'm going to stay here and hold her or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment