Saturday, December 30, 2017

I just love it!

I have three books: one that is my daily moments with Conley, one with those of Eloise, and one quote book. But if those ever got lost, I would still want other records. So here's a little catch up.

Having two kids is so fun. I could stop now. I love being able to hold them both in my arms at the same time. I sat in Conley's room in the glider, holding them both tonight while Joseph prayed. The lantern was on, on the star setting, and Eloise was looking around at the stars. I'm so grateful that President Nelson came, and that when he was here I experienced the paradigm shift of not wanting a lot of children anymore. Because of that revelation, I can truly enjoy these ones, and focus on them, and not get overwhelmed at the thought of always being in the young-kid-stage of life, which is a lot of work.

Eloise is getting up on all fours, with two of those either being her knees or her toes. She inches forward by going back down to her belly, and up to all fours, and repeated, until she gets where she wants to be...usually to a toy. She is saying so many cute things: tuh tuh, ahta ahta, buh buh, daa daa, maa maa. I just love when she talks. She's got big cheeks and I'm always kissing her neck. She loves Conley, especially when he makes really loud (and obnoxious) noises. She's sitting in the IKEA high chair now, right next to the table. She grimaces at every solid food attempt, but for some reason she LOVES orange slices, and this Mexican soup that we had a the Greenwoods tonight. She is so funny. She also has really light, fine, poofy blond hair. And she loves nursing, especially the right side. And she loves baths; she always has a really big smile on her face when she's in there. And Joseph always takes her hands and walks her all around. It drives me crazy because she needs to crawl first!

Christmas stuff was so fun with Conley. He loved making a gingerbread house (and eating all the candy), and eating "candy corns" (candy canes), and making snowmen out of cotton balls, and gluing popsicle sticks together to make Christmas trees or stables for ornaments, or coloring Santa pictures, or reading Santa books. It's so much more fun than I even expected, having a kid who is old enough to kind of understand stuff and start getting excited about stuff. All I want is for him to be excited and to have fun and like things and be happy. I loved pointing out Christmas lights and stuff to him. He's so sweet.

He loves Eloise, and has gotten to be really pretty good with her. I don't have to get on him much anymore (I did quite a bit the first six months, but only because he was overly affectionate). He gives her toys, and talks to her in a sweet voice, and loves snuggling with her (if she'll let him) and taking baths with her.

I've honestly just never been so happy. Joseph and I agreed recently that we never knew life could be so incredibly fulfilling. We have so many blessings we don't deserve, and I honestly think this is just what the Celestial Kingdom is going to be like...being together with our families.




No comments:

Post a Comment