Tuesday, May 3, 2016

That baby

Sometimes I just pick him up from his crib and squeeze his chubby legs and nuzzle my nose into his neck and kiss him and say, "You're a baby! You're my baby!" He's so cute. He's been walking everywhere--only after he watched Theo (my friends Melina and Matthew's two-year-old) walk around the whole night I babysat him and his big brother Shae. It was like something clicked in Conley's brain. He saw two other little people walking around and thought, "Oh! That's what I'm supposed to be doing!" It's been so cute. He still stumbles a little and he walks slowly, but just like his daddy, he's totally determined and persistent. So cute.

The other day (and this has happened several times), Conley woke up in the morning and Joseph went to get him from his crib. When Joseph carried him back over our way, Conley saw me in bed and started waving hi to me. Then he dove downward toward the bed, Joseph put him down, and he crawled up to me and just put his arms around my neck and squeezed me. It was so precious and it warms my heart every time I think about it. He is an affectionate little boy. He will snuggle up to you for a few seconds and hug you, and if you have a book, he will do it even longer. I could snuggle him all day! It's so cozy and warm and sweet and wonderful.

I'm getting my IUD out today, so hopefully in a few months we can start trying to get pregnant again. I can't imagine having another baby. I get a little teary in a good way when I think about another baby. I don't know if my heart can handle so much love. I feel like it will just burst. I love babies! I guess that means I love being a mom, although for some reason I'm scared to say that. I just love having a baby who is my baby. I love the love that I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment