Monday, June 6, 2016

Music and movement

Omaha Public Libraries have some amazing programs for little ones. I took Conley to a baby storytime today, even though we had just gone to the gym and I was mad at the girls there because at one point when I felt like I needed to go in and check on him, they'd put him in this little pen thing; she said he wanted to go in there. But he wanted to get out! Anyway I wasn't sure that he felt loved there, so I wanted to just hold and squeeze and love him, and he was tired and ready for a nap, but I thought I'd try this music and movement thing first. HE LOVED IT! He was the wiggliest kid there, out of the 25 toddlers. It was so cute. He was smiling and giggling and wiggling, and squat-dancing. That's what he did when we jumped up and down: squat-dance. It was so funny and cute. And he was wandering around the room more than anyone else! Whoa! I tried my best to keep him near, but would let him wander here and there because he wasn't bothering anyone. We sang and danced and played with scarves and did wiggle songs and read wiggle books. It was just the funnest thing, and he just loved it and my heart just sang.

No comments:

Post a Comment