Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Unicorn horns have all the magic

 Eloise has been kind of loud lately. She reminds me of myself, and how adults used to tell me all the time as a kid to be quiet, settle down, lower my voice, etc. I don't necessarily want to be telling her that all the time. But sometimes it's a little loud for me. She is also full of emotions. She is pretty good at negotiating and reasoning with though. She is obedient and helpful. She acts promptly. I did say to Joseph that when she's a pre-teen and starts acting more emotionally or passionately, we'll need to remind ourselves that she was this way just personality wise, since she was six. Or maybe even before.

Anyway, she is still just my delight on a daily basis. I love seeing her, being with her, holding her, watching her. I love her little face and soft cheeks. Her lisp and her sincerity. Her big blue eyes and how excitable she is. 

We read this beautiful "Magical Unicorn Society" book that Gail gave her for her birthday sometimes at night. We read it tonight and there was a story about one kind of unicorn that has to live in cold temps or else its horn will melt. She stopped me and said, "Yes and if their horns melt, they will die." And I asked her why. She said, "Because that is where all their magical powers are kept." She gave more description. She still pronounces her r's as w's. So when she is really serious about something, which she was tonight as she described unicorns, it's just to die for watching her lips and cheeks and hearing her talk so seriously and importantly.

We kept reading and she interrupted again, saying that Unicorn Day was sometime soon. I asked when, and she said, "I don't know. Something like April 9th." We asked Siri on my watch, and sure enough it was April 9th. I asked what she wanted to do, and she said, "Hopefully find a unicorn."

Gosh it was so cute. I love her little heart and brain and mind. The things she thinks and wants and finds fascinating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment